Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

DIY: Crochet Hook Clutch

At the end of January, a bunch of us signed up for C.R.A.F.T's Package Pal's Party. It's a fun way to make a new friend and exchange really awesome (crafty) goodies with them.

My package pal is Tres over at Tres Chic Nails. She also runs another great blog - The Inked Hooker. I was super excited when I found out that we were matched up because she can crochet! As I may have mentioned, I am totally incapable. She was super excited too because I can sew. We couldn't have been matched more perfectly! Her package to me is in transit and should arrive any day.

Since she is an avid crocheter, I knew just what to make her. I came across this lovely little Crochet Hook Clutch over at Little Birdie Secrets. They give a great tutorial on how to make it, but it does take some patience.


Tres mentioned that her favorite colors were red and black and while I was hitting up one of the local quilting stores, I fell in love with the gorgeous fabric


I picked a contrasting inside fabric for the hook pockets and made a small pocket for her needles. I used the measurements in the tutorial as guidelines for where to sew the hook pockets. I also sewed a bigger pocket that could be used for small scissors or a wider hook.


The whole package included the hook clutch, a hook sizing ruler and a cute California postcard.

I heard back from Tres recently and she just loves it, which makes me soooo happy!

If you get the chance to do the Package Pals, you definitely should. It's a ton of fun!

I will also be linking up at these parties this week.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Too cute! I wish I had patience for something like this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really beautiful clutch, and so useful too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's great! That would be so handy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. I have a clutch on my mom's sewing to-do list.

    ReplyDelete